blob: 5f862723bcaed1bcb6fbbf5545e47bc6bb71201b (plain
== Coding guidelines for contributing to
== xmonad and the xmonad contributed extensions
* Comment every top level function (particularly exported functions), and
provide a type signature; use Haddock syntax in the comments.
* Follow the coding style of the other modules.
* Code should be compilable with -Wall -Werror. There should be no warnings.
* Partial functions should be avoided: the window manager should not
crash, so do not call `error` or `undefined`
* Tabs are illegal. Use 4 spaces for indenting.
* Any pure function added to the core should have QuickCheck properties
precisely defining its behavior.
* New modules should identify the author, and be submitted under
the same license as xmonad (BSD3 license or freer).